Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Chloe's big day

Today I took Chloe for her Kindergarten screening. They test her hearing and speech, gross and fine motor skills, and basic academic knowledge (reading, writing math) in order to best place these kids in their kindergarten classes. She was given her student id number which she will use for everything from now until 12th grade. She will type it in everytime she wants to buy something from the cafeteria and write it on numerous forms. She is officially registered for Kindergarten!

To celebrate, I took the whole day off and we spent a girls day together. First we went to school, which she comes to everyday. But today we got to go in the FRONT door, which she thought was pretty special.
Then we went out to lunch. We had SO much fun at lunch, just talking about everything.
Then we went shopping. Chloe is a natural born shopper. It isn't even the buying that she loves. She loves the whole experience of looking and trying stuff on. She loves just walking down the hall in the mall and window shopping. Know anyone in our extended family like that??
Then we went to the movies. She just loves going to the movies. She had to choose between this and getting her nails done. She decided she wanted the movie... but wants to go get her nails done when we visit Aunt Jeanette.... hear that Jeanette? Totally her idea, but I'm on board!

All in all it was a WONDERFUL day. I had always wanted a boy when I thought about having kids and since the moment Chloe came out she has made having a girl one of the best things that has ever happened to me. This was probably the first time I ever REALLY got to spend time with her doing things I like to do on my own free time. So cool.

Love ya my big girl!

No comments: