Thursday, May 13, 2010

Regular ol' Nature Center


Okay, this post is all out of order. These are the chipmunks that got dug up in the patio project. They were sooo cute!

Dave trying his hand at nursing the babies. He was better at it than me. We gave them a salt and sugar solution to keep them from dehydrating while we were trying to figure out what to do with them.

Mama Chipmunk as she was retrieving her babies, after they spent the night with us. She came and got them all. Now we see chipmunks all over our property!


Week 2 of enjoying the new patio, Evan noticed a bird building a nest on the rungs of our patio table. We thought it was an abandoned project, but she started it back up and, well now we have a robin as a close and fussy neighbor. She actually attacks the chipmunks! I guess we will have some other babies in a few weeks! There are 4 eggs now. Mama Robin flies away every time I try to take her picture, I hope she gets used to us.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

MorganFamily said...

Oh my! Chloe and Gavin would love all that! Such neat experiences!
Cheryl

Grandma Morgan said...

You have turned into a nature preserve. I'm glad mama chipmunk came to get her litter. I don't see Dave feeding them at all hours of the day/night. I could see him taking them to work with him, since Jeanette would not have the time to nursemaid them. The robins should be hatched when we come this weekend???? Hope so.