Saturday, August 29, 2009

MA Morgan Home

Here it is, our new home! This is the kitchen. The backsplash will be the first thing we replace in this house.
The bonus/family room above, the formal living room below.







The curb appeal is lacking, but we would like to add a portico with stone-based pillars in the future. Below is the barn! I LOVE THE BARN! I am so happy David will have a wonderful woodshop and we will have lots of storage on the upper level. A few of the trees will probably also go as I will need more sunlight for the garden and they are kinda gangly anyway.





4 comments:

Grandma Morgan said...

I hope everything goes smoothly for you. It looks like a beautiful house. Your calla lilies will be coming to you this fall!!??!! I can't believe I have kept them alive for two years!!!! Only flowered once though....:( You have the touch...I have a peony for you and maybe a few more things to help with your flower beds...

Sarah said...

Looks beautiful. Totally jealous of the barn! We have that same back splash if that is real tin. You don't care for it? We don't have as much as that kitchen and we also have the darker wood so maybe that makes the difference. I can't wait to see more of the house. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Jeanette said...

Sarah,

It is not real tin. It is a fascade paper and I think I would like it if the cabinets were dark wood. We might leave it until we change out the appliances for stainless and see how it looks then. My feeling is the kitchen will be too shiny!

I was just at the Open House and it was HOPPIN' We made the right decision to move fast.
They couldn't cancel the open because we closed too late yesteray for them to back out of it.

Team Alix said...

It looks fantastic! I am *thrilled* for you and so happy that you can be settled and unpack all of the things you love- I remember you mentioning how much you've missed having your own space and the garden and woodshop. And of course it will make all the difference to have your bedroom be your own again! Congratulations and we cannot wait for the grand tour!